Monday, March 15, 2010

eBay Victory Survivor Style

After about six tries to get this card, I finally won an eBay auction at the price point I wanted. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I have been trying to win the 2009 Allen and Ginter Bob Crowley relic card. For those not in the know, Bob was one the winner of Survivor Gabon. Using his science knowledge gained from years as a high school science teacher, as well as his great interpersonal game, Bob and his trademark bow tie ended up beating out the other Survivors. This relic is a piece of that famed bow tie.

Knowing that this was a short printed relic, I knew it would take a while, but I eventually won this at a total cost including shipping of $6. This is now my second short printed relic, as I picked up the Brian Cappaletto shirt relic (Scrabble champion) last year. I'd like to get the Bob Crowley auto as well, but that might take a while.

Anyways, relish the victory by admiring Bob:

1 comment:

  1. I pulled the Crowley relic in my 1st box of A&G this year. It was the first card that I have shown my girlfriend that she actually seemed interested in!

    I was rooting for Bob the whole time! Great card!

    ReplyDelete