Sunday, February 21, 2010

Restarting the Blog

So I follow probably 20 baseball card related blogs on my RSS reader. I feel like such a lurker. But at the same time, I'm so jealous of all the bloggers and their community. I'm also jealous that they basically have a "storefront" to post about what they've acquired, and to set up trades. Because trading is really the most fun part of collecting: making others happy with your unwanted scraps, receiving cards that others felt were important to you.

And so, after the first aborted attempt at a San Diego Padres related baseball card blog (Ugh, Padres...), I've renamed the blog San Diego Cardres to more reflect the focus on the cards.

Clearly, I collect Padres cards. But I'm a collector in general. I love set collecting. There is no collecting related feeling better than finally completing a set, short prints and all. I'm hoping this blog helps me in those endeavors as it will open a lot of new possible trading partners.

There will be more frequent posting hopefully, and hopefully more traffic from fellow baseball card bloggers and collectors. I am always open to trading, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment