Sunday, February 21, 2010

Card Show Sunday

I hadn't been to the Shoff Promotions card show in Tysons Corner, VA in probably 4 months. I finally made it out, hoping to grab some 2010 cards, as well as various bargains I found. I'd say it was a great success:



























First off, they are practically giving away the 2010 Upper Deck jersey cards. It might be because they are so bland looking, it might be because you get so many per box, who knows. But I got both of these for 5 bucks total. On another note, I'm sad that Kevin Kouzmanoff got traded because he was one of the few Padres I could count on being included in sets, especially as a jersey or auto hit. Hopefully someone can pick up the slack once Adrian Gonzalez gets traded (assuming...).

Next...

















































































I scored these cards out of a huge pile of game used/autographs that were going for $2.50 a piece, or 5 for 10 dollars. Considering these would go for that price PLUS shipping on eBay, I jumped at the opportunity to clean him out of Padres. It's sad to see Trevor Hoffman with another team name, but at least he is wearing the camos. Plus I scored a nice Hall of Famer jersey in Gaylord Perry. I'd kill for the 2003 Finest Gaylord Perry that Beardy pulled. I've failed so many times on eBay to get this at a decent price and would love to have it as it's one of the few that pays homage to his years as a Cy Young award winning Padre.

I also picked up a slew of random Padres singles out of the 2010 sets, as well as some lingering 2009 ones. I did pick up Latos, Everth, and Blanks rookies out of the nice looking Exquisite set.

I'll also mention that the show owner announces door prizes every few hours. He called out a winner who didn't run up to him fast enough so he pulled another one - mine. We both got up to him about the same time. He was nice enough to write us both 10 dollar gift certificates since we both got called. Very nice of him. I obviously turned that $10 into cards. I'd pretty much cleaned out the show of Padres hits. I was stumped as to what I should spend it on. Then I saw this:















None other than Nails! The now destitute, piece of trash that is living in his car, but who created the finest looking dip stain on the Veterans Stadium turf that ever there will be. Not really sure why I opted for this, but it is definitely up for trade.

That's about it for this show. We did get a coupon for a new comic/card store in the Northern Virginia area which we hit up on the way home. I'll post about what I got in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment