Friday, July 31, 2009

Slow Mail Week!

It's been a slow mail week. Since my successful card show trip last weekend, I've had less need to cruise eBay. I've got a ton of TTM autographs out, but was in a slump. Until yesterday. I got my first returns from 2009 Allen and Ginter. Didn't get any of the baseball players from 2009 Allen and Ginter though.

As a huge fan of King of Kong, I was thrilled last year to see Billy Mitchell was included in 2008 Allen and Ginter. I wrote him, and he signed my card and sent back a hand written note. This year, I was equally thrilled to see Steve Wiebe was included in this year's set. I immediately looked up his address on the White Pages and found him. Sent him a card last week, got a return yesterday.

I also sent a card to John Higby, yo-yo champion. He also sent back the card in about a week and a half, signing it "John". He also drew a yo-yo picture on the envelope and the back of the card. Very cool. I also thought his card's photo and design was one of the year's best to start with. Here are the two cards:













Let's hope for more mail this coming week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment