Sunday, July 26, 2009

Card Show Success!

The DC area doesn't seem to have a very thriving card scene. There are a handful of stores that are mostly overpriced, tiny and few and far between. Blowoutcards.com is located in the outskirts, but it's not like I can drop in and buy stuff there. Luckily, there is a near monthly card show in Tysons Corner, Shoff Promotions. Went there today to try and fill my 2009 Allen and Ginter set needs. With my trusty checklist in hand, and after powering up with a Taco Bell lunch of champions, I was ready. After hunching over boxes for an hour or so, I've now completed my Hoodwinks set, am one away from completing my National Heroes set, completed the Highlight Sketches set, and now need about 20 more base to complete the 1-300 set. I didn't want to pay a buck a card for the short prints, so hopefully this blog will help me find some trading partners.

Also picked up the Robin Yount short print 2009 Goudey, so now I only have a handful of cards left on that set's 1-300. It seems like no one is selling Goudey, so maybe I'm the only one collecting it?

PLEASE HELP ME COMPLETE THESE SETS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment