Saturday, May 1, 2010

1996 Upper Deck Epic Ozzie Smith Jersey

Like Dave Winfield, Ozzie Smith just looks better in Padres colors. While I like Ozzie, I don't think he was a very deserving Hall of Famer. He was a mediocre hitter that made highlight reel plays in the field. He is basically a Web Gem HOF'er. Regardless, I love having cards of him in the Padres uni. My childhood was full of watching Garry Templeton who we got in the trade for Ozzie. Garry hit better, and made his fair share of great plays for the Pads. I loved hearing Jerry Coleman announce the great Oh Doctor plays made by "Tempy". Garry is still around managing various Golden Baseball League teams around California.

This card is good looking, and is numbered to 145. It is purple because it is a variation I think. Anyways, it will look great in the display case.

No comments:

Post a Comment